Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
I was excited about the deals we found this week and we ate some really yummy food!
Kroger Shopping Trip #1
- 2 bags of avocados — marked down to $0.99 each
- 3 bags of potatoes — marked down to $0.99 each
- 1 bag peppers — marked down to $0.99
- Milk — $2.99
- 1 container cottage cheese — $2
- 2 heads lettuce — $1.79 each
- 1 bag of apples — marked down to $0.99
- Total with tax: $17.05
Some of the apples in the markdown bag above were Granny Smith, which none of us are fond of eating raw. So I made Cinnamon Apples in the Instant Pot with them.
These were a HUGE hit with the kids and they ate them up in just a few minutes. Next time, I definitely need to double the recipe!
I was so excited about a few of the Weekend Deals at Kroger — especially the cheese deal!
Kroger Shopping Trip #2:
- La Croix — $1.99 per 8-pack with Friday-Sunday deals
- Classico Pasta Sauce — $0.99 each with Friday-Sunday deals
- 5 Simple Truth Greek yogurts — marked down to $0.49 each
- 2 bags of Quaker Rice Snacks — $0.99 when you buy 10 participating items
- 3 boxes Swiss Miss — $0.99 when you buy 10 participating items
- 5 bags/packages Kroger cheese — $1.29 with Friday-Sunday deals
- 2 containers cottage cheese — $1.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- Coconut sugar — marked down to $0.99
- 3 boxes pasta — $0.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- 1 box pasta — marked down to $0.39
- Taco Kit — marked down to $0.99
- Half & Half — $1.49
- 5 cans Green Giant veggies — $0.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- Grapes — $0.99/lb.
- 2 packages meat — marked down to $2.50 each
- Milk — $2.79
- Honeycrisp apples — 3 lb. bag for $2.99
- 4 cans Swanson broth — $0.49 each when buy 10 participating items
- Total with tax: $48.34
Dinners From This Past Week
- Sunday — Frozen pizza, leftovers (fend for yourself)
- Monday — Chicken Tetrazzini, Best Ever Bran Muffins, Green Beans, Celery with peanut butter
- Tuesday — Chicken Noodle Soup, Biscuits, Grapefruit, Pumpkin Bars
- Wednesday — Pumpkin Pancakes, Bacon, Cinnamon Apples in the Instant Pot
- Thursday — Roast with Potatoes and Carrots and Onions in the crockpot
- Friday — $0.45 Potato Soup with bacon and cheese
- Sunday — Dinner out